Thursday, January 26, 2012

Long time no post...

It's been forever since I have had time to post. Since the last time I posted, JMC and I had an engagement party, spent Christmas in Charlotte, celebrated the New Year in the North Carolina mountains, and started back at school and work. Its been a crazy month!!

I have always hated New Year's resolutions. If you want to do something, just do it. I guess the fresh start motivates some people, so I get it, but to me a resolution was always setting myself up for failure. Plus, I HATE going to the gym with all the resolution-ers. Way too crowded, and I can never get one of the good ellipticals that shows you where you're running on a track. I like to have visual goals to keep me interested. So this year, I'm not setting a resolution, just trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle, motivated by a certain large event that is now less than nine months away... Our Wedding!!!

I'm trying to lose 10-15 lbs before September 29th so I feel as comfortable as possible in my beautiful dress, which, BTW, was delivered to J. Majors (the boutique that I got it from) last week! I won't be back in Charlotte until the end of next month to be able to try it on, but I couldn't be more excited!!! I'm hoping that I will lose a few more pounds before I go try it on for the first time, even though I'm not getting fitted for it yet.



I know I posted about going dress shopping a while back, and as it turns out, I ended up choosing and ordering my dress that day, at the very first store that we went to. Actually, it was the first dress that I tried on. I definitely went through the motions and tried on a number of other dresses, but I kept going back to the same one over and over again. Funny how things work like that. I know that a lot of brides like to bring a million people with them to try dresses on, but I really wanted it to be an intimate experience. I brought my mom, JMC's mom, and SRC, JMC's sister-in-law and my matron of honor. The only other people who have seen pictures of me in my dress are my brother, my maid of honor (KPB), and one of JMC's brothers (who helped me upload the pictures and put a password on the folder so JMC doesn't get curious).

My experience was great and the girl that helped us at J Majors was awesome! I'm keeping my dress a secret to everyone else who hasn't seen it yet, including my dad who is going to be a WRECK on our wedding day.

Anyway, there are more posts to come! I am getting further and further into the planning process and its hard to believe that our wedding is only 8 months away!!

1 comment:

  1. I went to JMajors to try on dresses too! I didn't end up getting my dress from there but they were so nice and they had a lot of different dresses to try! I'm a new follower from Southern Mag! Can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete