Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chapel Hill Restaurants Bucket List

Since JMC and I are leaving Chapel Hill, we have made a list of restaurants that we have to go to before we move to Charlotte. Most of these are Chapel Hill/Carrboro staples, others are

In case you are in need of recommendations, here are a few that topped our list:

1. Mint Indian Restaurant. If you don't like Indian, I guess that's okay, but Indian food is probably my favorite kind of food. Mint is by far my favorite Indian restaurant and its the place that JMC and I ate on the night we got engaged. Chicken Tikka Masala is WHERE ITS AT.


2. Elmo's Diner. #1 brunch spot in Chapel Hill/Carrboro. Elmo's is always packed on weekend mornings and their food is to die for.


3. Tyler's Taproom. Great beer list, great food. Enough said.


4. Sutton's Drug Store. LEGENDARY in CH. I have gotten my prescriptions from here since I was a freshman and the pharmacist knows me by name. Delicious burgers, breakfast, pellet ice, and best atmosphere. I'm going to miss this place. They don't have a website, but read this great article from Our State Magazine.


5. Milltown. YUM. Great beer list featuring many Belgian styles. Food is amazing and unique, especially the frites plates.


6. Top of the Hill Restaurant & Brewery. Another CH staple. Sit on the porch overlooking the intersection of Franklin and Columbia and soak in the goodness of Carolina. Have an Old Well White or a Blueberry Wheat (if its available). Definitely eat some Thumbs & Toes in the Sweet Thai Chili sauce and Lizard Chips. Also, the Fried Chicken plate is fabulous.


7. Spanky's. Again, CH staple. Their burgers are great, they have a great local craft beer selection, and their ranch dressing is just about perfect (verryyy important).


8. Breadmen's. Probably my #2 selection for brunch and another Chapel Hill institution. JMC loves their Brunswick Stew at lunch or dinner as well. Great southern homey food... the Deluxe Grilled Cheese  is so unhealthily scrumptious that I rarely order it unless I am in need of some grease as a result of the night before, if you know what I mean.


9. Merritt's Store & Grill. See this post I wrote about Merritt's last year, before my deep love for this place had actually evolved into what it is today. I'll say it a thousand times: Best BLT that exists on this Earth. JMC loves the Carolina Burger too. While my wedding dress will be happy that I will no longer be eating double BLTs on sourdough on a regular basis, my taste buds and heart will not.


No comments:

Post a Comment