Saturday, August 20, 2011

Boots. Love them.

Boots are awesome. For some reason, I used to not like boots... and that was about the dumbest thing I could have ever decided. Luckily I got over that really quickly when I bought my first pair of riding boots from Banana Republic when I used to work there. I still have them and still love them just as much... but after 4 years of wear and tear, it might be time for a new pair.

UGGs, to me, don't count. They are solely for comfort purposes. I have a love-hate relationship with UGGs. I used to SWEAR that I would never own them, but now I do. Sure, I think they make my feet look like potatoes, but then again, its TOTALLY worth it for the furry, warm comfort they provide my toesies. For some reason, there are three parts of my body that are always cold: my nose, my hands, and my feet. I get that I probably have circulation problems, but whatever (and my nose isn't particularly long... so why? I may never know). But anyway, my UGGs take care of my toes. But I will tell you right now - I will NEVER be caught dead in UGGs with shorts, a skirt, anytime between the months of April and September, or at a bar (which would ruin them anyway).

If I had all the money in the world, I would definitely buy a pair of these sweet Tory Burch riding boots. But I don't, so I am going to have to shop around for something much less expensive than half a grand.

Still expensive, but a little more do-able are the options that Madewell has this season. I went to the store and they only had the flat ones and I was really sad that I couldn't try the olive green ones on.

J. Crew has some great options, too, that I saw when I was in their SouthPark store in Charlotte with JMC's mom last week. Their fall line is really making it difficult for me to keep from spending lots and lots of money.

In other news, I'm about to go face the ridiculousness that is move-in weekend in Chapel Hill and try to get some lunch. Hopefully JMC and I won't have to wait too long to get something, because I'm starving after cleaning all morning since my roommate, VBG, comes back tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER!!! Living alone all summer has been weird! It will be nice to have some company.

No comments:

Post a Comment