Monday, March 19, 2012

Finally decided on shoes.

I swear I couldn't have been more indecisive about shoes. Turns out I just had a ridiculously specific idea in my head of what I wanted and couldn't find it anywhere! For more details on my shoe specifications, see my previous blog post about wedding shoes.

Thank goodness for Nina Shoes' 'Design Your Own' feature and the invention of shoe clips.

At first I was skeptical about the idea of shoe clips. I wanted my shoes to be special and for some reason I had this preconceived notion that shoe clips might make them look cheap. False. Turns out that shoe clips completely solved my shoe dilemma.

With the 'Design Your Own' application on Nina's website, there are a number of different styles of shoes to choose from, including sandals and pumps that range all different heel heights. They have a bunch of different colors, and you can even make different parts of the shoes different colors if you want.



I went with a 5-inch (wow, I know, I'm nervous about that part) satin pump with a 1-inch platform in all-over navy. They have an almond closed toe, which is exactly what I wanted.

The shoe clips I chose were from Absolutely Audrey, a website that I had never heard of until SRC sent the link to me.

The center stones look a little bit blue, but I'm pretty sure they are clear. Either way, I know they will look great. What I love most about doing my wedding shoes this way is that the shoe clips add that extra oomph that I was looking for, but I'll still have the plain navy shoes to wear on other occasions after the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment